Some already have...not because they want to, but when the profitability goes away...is there a choice?  The doctors are not the bad guys here, it's the payment system...BD 

Some on Capitol Hill expect Congress to slap a similar payment patch on Medicare in June, although one prominent House Democrat would prefer to let the Medicare cuts happen. "I'm inclined to do nothing," Rep. Pete Stark, D-Calif., told CongressDaily. "My colleagues, my staff say, 'Oh, dear, the doctors would all drop Medicare.' I don't believe it. I don't believe that doctors are willing to give up half their income." Stark acknowledged his sentiments are in the minority among his colleagues.

News & Trends - January 2008 - Family Practice Management

Hat Tip:  Kevin, MD

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative