January 30, 2008 Touch Bionics has announced that its i-LIMB - the world’s first commercially available bionic hand - is expected to achieve the milestone of 100 patient fittings by the end of February this year, having already reached more than 70 people worldwide since its July 2007 launch.image

In order to service the increasing demand for iLIMB hands, Touch Bionics has also announced its incorporation in the United States as Touch Bionics, Inc.

“This is the first time in my 30 years in the prosthetics business that I felt I was truly delivering an arm to the patient,” said Jake Wood, C.P., F.A.A.O.P, certified prosthetist and co-owner at Orthotics and Prosthetics Associates, Inc. in Milwaukee, WI. “Due to the anthropomorphic, dexterity and functional capabilities of the i-LIMB Hand, it’s in a league of its own, technology-wise. I never thought in my lifetime that I would ever see this technology.”

i-LIMB bionic hand approaches 100 fittings - gizmag Article

http://www.touchbionics.com/professionals.php?section=2

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative