1-800-GOOG-411 (1-800-466-4411)

Google has just released a very nice service which is in the experimental stage called Google Voice Local Search. The nice thing about this service is that it has voice recognition and it's pretty good.  I tried this this evening and was surprised at the results.  You can say a category, after selecting a city and state as you normally would with any 411 service.  I chose "doctors" as a category.  I then had the option to give a cross street reference or a zip code.  I tried both and it works remarkably well and will connect you to the office when you select.  I tried getting pretty complicated with my requests as well and it still produced reliable results....

The prompt voice will ask you for your city and state and then you can say the name of a local business. Currently, the service is only for local businesses (your Yellow Pages basically), but may be expanded to include people lookups also....BD

Source: Google Voice Local Search - Free 411 from Google!
by AK

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative