This is an excellent commentary with one physician discussing the benefits of relational data bases and their development and use, a nice way of explaining why document storage is not the ultimate answer for health records. BD

The reason is many physicians do not know what they need. They have little experience thinking about relational databases. They have difficulty understanding the potential to the increased efficiency of their daily workflow (effective relational databases) in the practice of clinical medicine. Most of the effective information technology in clinical practice has been in financial medical management. Financial outcomes have not been linked to medical practice outcomes in an understandable way.


Many businesses rely on relational databases. Two simple examples are Amazon.com
and Netflix. Amazon tells me what books I would enjoy and Netflix tells me which movies I should order from my order history.

The airlines let me schedule a flight online. Southwest has my online ticket buying reduced to three clicks.

http://stanleyfeldmdmace.typepad.com/repairing_the_healthcare_/2007/02/is_an_ideal_ele.html

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 
Top
Google Analytics Alternative